1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
– have a real job
– pay bills, clean my house, basically things that grownups do
– live away from my parents
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I lost that list, so I don’t remember any of them, so it’s probable that I didn’t keep any of them. That said, I’m only making one resolution, which is to be my true self.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Desirae, and Dakota Jaclyn is absolutely beautiful!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not that I know of.
5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed stateside for this one.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2011?
– I no longer view things from a mindset that I lack anything, so nothing.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 30, 2010 — My first day of work!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally landing a sweet job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
It’s not possible for me to fail at anything, so nothing.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Had some weird stomach issue in October, but nothing major because I was already meant to have divine and perfect health always.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
– a couch
– a dining room table and chairs (so amped on these)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom’s. I feel like we have such a better relationship now that I’m older.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mostly mine. I was kind of ridiculous when I forgot/chose to forget who my true self and who I really am.
14. Where did most of your money go?
– rent (hurts soooo good)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I was going to see Lenin’s body!! But it was really fake/waxy looking, so that was kind of a letdown.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Anything from The Promise Worship Project.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? much much happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner (I know! I was surprised too).
iii. richer or poorer? richer (in many, many ways).
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
– taking photos
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
– staying up late
– spending money
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with the fam (and the boy’s fam).
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
YES. He is amazing and perfect.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I didn’t really watch TV but if I sat down for more than 10 minutes I would watch:
– Modern Family
– Undercover Boss
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope… I don’t hate anyone because everyone was made awesome and has something to contribute.
26. What was the best book you read?
– the rhema code, by scott schang
– God believes in you
27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
– the promise worship project
– Ella Fitzgerald
– Fyfe Dangerfield
28. What did you want and get?
Pretty much everything.
29. What did you want and not get?
I don’t know… I got everything I wanted.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 23 and I spent my day/night preparing for a job interview.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having to not ever stress out about anything.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I got so many cardigans!
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don’t think I ever fancied anyone famous.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I forgot about politics this year — nothing really.
37. Who did you miss?
– the fam
– friends from college
38. Who was the best new person you met?
The man, for sure!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
2007 has been a year of self-discovery and of getting to know myself better. Being out of my element and what I know made me realize what I’m made of: the standards I hold, the friends I keep, and the things I value. We are all in the process of constantly changing ourselves. Every new fashion accessory, catchphrase or behavior is the step to another version of “being yourself.” Most importantly, we shape ourselves through the choices we make in life. I keep thinking about how different I would have been if I had made certain choices differently, but it’s time to move on to the choices in front of us.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
out of the tree of life I just picked me a plum…
still it’s a real good bet the best is yet to come
the best is yet to come and babe, won’t that be fine
you think you’ve seen the sun but you ain’t seen it shine
(frank sinatra/ “the best is yet to come”)